Guidelines For Visitors To Ruthven Park
Here are some guidelines to assist you while planning your visit:
- Hiking trails are to be used at your own risk. Please stay on the designated paths to avoid contact with poison ivy and trampling the wildflowers and other undergrowth.
- Check yourself for ticks during spring and summer months after walking along trails or through tall grass.
- Bicycles are not permitted on the trails due to damage and safety of the cyclist.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes and appropriate clothing for the seasons so you may enjoy the breathtaking outdoor spaces.
- Leave the flowers, plants, and seeds for others to enjoy.
- Fences, walls, or trees are not to be used for climbing.
- Picnic tables and accessible public washrooms are available on site.
- Ample free parking is available.
- Pets must always be on a leash while exploring the grounds. Always pick up after your pet.
- Pets are not allowed in the mansion (with the exception of service animals).
- Consumption of food and /or drink is not permitted in the mansion
- Photography on the grounds for non-commercial use is permitted. Any professional photography or filming for purposes other than personal use is permitted by the payment of a pre-arranged fee.
- Non-flash photography is permitted in the mansion.
- The Coach House and grounds are available for pre-booked private functions and meetings. The mansion is available for media and commercial film shoots.
- Air conditioning is not available in the mansion or Coach House.
- Hunting of any kind is not permitted on the site.
- The use of strollers in the mansion is not recommended due to stairs to enter the building and to move from the first floor to the second floor inside.
- Gift shop purchases can be made in the mansion.
- The use of drones on site is prohibited.
The above information is subject to change without notice.
The Welcome Centre and Grounds: Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm, Saturday and Sunday, 9:30am to 5:00pm
The Mansion: Reminder that our regular tours of the Thompson Mansion season has come to an end. Be sure to check out our upcoming events to take advantage of tours of the mansion. We do offer tours of the mansion to pre booked groups of 15 or more. Give us a call today or check out our website for more information 905.772.0560 or www.ruthvenpark.ca
Phone: (905) 772-0560
Toll-free: (877) 705-7275
243 Haldimand Hwy. #54,
Cayuga, ON N0A 1E0