Ruthven’s Coach House
The Coach House is a restored 1840’s stone building that Ruthven Park National Historic Site rents out for social and business functions. Ruthven Park is an ideal location for weddings, bridal showers, receptions, business meetings, and workshops.
The information on this page will help you in making your decision to hold your function at Ruthven Park. Contact our Operations Coordinator by phone at 905-772-0560 or email at email@example.com to schedule an appointment to view our facility or to book your function.
RENT THE COACH HOUSE FOR:
- business meetings
- social functions (bridal shower, baby shower, birthday party, anniversary party, etc.)
- Size: 30’ x 50’
- Holds 110 for sit down reception (does not include space for dance floor)
- Marquee tents are permitted to maximize space (largest size 30’ x 70’ or 40’ x 60’)
- Wireless internet
- Dimmable lighting
Frequently Asked Questions
How many people does the Coach House accommodate for a reception?
- The Coach House holds maximum 110 people for a sit-down reception. This does not include space for a dance floor.
What are the dimensions of the Coach House?
- The Coach house dimensions is 30’x50’
Are we able to bring in a caterer?
- Ruthven Park does not have any specific caterers we work with. We do keep a list of caterers that have worked at our site before.
What is included in package pricing?
- Ruthven Park packages are based on time for set-up, clean-up, and rehearsal; the use of the grounds and Coach House, photography privileges and lots of free parking. Linens, decorations, utensils, chair covers, plates, glasses etc. need to be rented.
- We have 6 and 8 foot rectangular tables, 6 foot round tables, and white resin folding chairs that can be rented at a cost.
Is the site open the public during my facility rental?
- The site is open to the public during advertised public hours.
Is alcohol allowed on the premise?
- Alcohol is allowed on the premise; however, all clients are required to obtain a Special Occasion Permit and Party Alcohol Liability Insurance, naming the Lower Grand River Land Trust Inc. as an additional insured in the amount of $2 000,000.00. It is also the responsibility of the client to follow all rules and regulations stated within the Special Occasion Permit. A certificate of insurance is required from all caterers, bartenders, or vendors serving alcohol at your event.
Who is responsible for set-up and clean-up?
- It is the responsibility of the client to set-up and clean-up.
Is the Coach House air-conditioned?
- The Coach House is not air-conditioned. The Coach House does have ceiling fans that circulate the air and there is a nice breeze that usually comes off the Grand River.
Is there a kitchen facility in the Coach House?
- There is a small kitchenette in the Coach House that has a sink, stove, fridge and microwave. The kitchenette is used for prepping and staging food only, not for cooking.
Is the facility accessible?
- The Coach House is wheelchair accessible, and the restrooms inside are wheelchair accessible as well.
Are fireworks or sparklers allowed?
- Fireworks, sparklers, or any open fire is strictly prohibited at Ruthven Park National Historic Site.
Are tents permitted on site?
- Marquee tents are permitted on-site. There is a designated area for tents, and the largest tent size permitted on site is 40’x60’ or 30’x 70’. Tents must be erected 10’ from the building.
Does having a tent require any permits?
- A building permit is required by Haldimand County for a tent over 640 square feet.
The Welcome Centre and Grounds: Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm – By change Saturday and Sunday
The Mansion: Tours by appointment only, groups of 15 people or more. Call for more information 905-772-0560
Bird Banding: Banding lab is open April 1 – May 31 for the fall migration. Sunrise until 12 noon, weather dependent.
Give us a call today or check out our website for more information 905.772.0560 or www.ruthvenpark.ca
Phone: (905) 772-0560
243 Haldimand Hwy. #54,
Cayuga, ON N0A 1E0