Local Events At Ruthven Park
Ruthven Park hosts a variety of events throughout the year. We ensure they are relevant to our mandate and suitable for a site with its diversity of natural and cultural landscapes.
Events can consist of anything from a one-hour nature walk along our four walking trails to a three-day festival. They can involve a presentation by a guest speaker or staff, a workshop, or a hands-on activity. We can guarantee that they are affordable, held at different time slots, interesting, and geared to a variety of age groups. Often, they are unique to Ruthven Park, due to the history of the Thompson family who owned the site from the 1840s up until 1993. They could be held indoors or outside within the natural areas or picturesque landscape; alternatively, events could involve an exhibit, wildlife demonstration, or a workshop. They could be a stand-alone or an annual event, a wedding show, or a music performance.
Upcoming Events On Site
- Monday, February 19, 2018 @ 1:00pm – 3:00pm: Families Go Wild Family Day 2018
- Wednesday, February 21, 2018 @ 7:00 pm: Volunteer Information Night in the Coach House
- Friday, February 23, 2018 @ 7:00 pm: Big Foot Trivia with Edinburgh Square; $10.00 per person
- March Break (March 12 – March 16 inclusive) @ 1:00 pm, 2:00 pm, 3:00 pm: Historic Tours of the Thompson Family Mansion; regular admission rates apply
- Saturday, March 24, 2018 @ 10:00 am – 2:00 pm: 5th “A Grand Bridal Show”; details to come!
- Saturday, May 12, 2018 @ TBA: “Birding 101” session in celebration of International Migratory Bird Day
Updated details about each of the site’s events are available under the Ruthven Park Blog.
Please note that parking is ample on the property.
Winter 2018 Hours of Operation
The Gate House: office open Mon – Fri, 9:00am to 5:00pm
The Grounds: open Mon – Fri, 9:00am to 5:00pm
The Mansion: tours by appointment Mon – Fri for 6+ people
Phone: (905) 772-0560
Toll-free: (877) 705-7275
243 Haldimand Hwy. #54,
Cayuga, ON N0A 1E0