Local Events At Ruthven Park
Ruthven Park hosts a variety of events throughout the year. We ensure they are relevant to our mandate and suitable for a site with its diversity of natural and cultural landscapes.
Events can consist of anything from a one-hour nature walk along our four walking trails to a three-day festival. They can involve a presentation by a guest speaker or staff, a workshop, or a hands-on activity. We can guarantee that they are affordable, held at different time slots, interesting, and geared to a variety of age groups. Often, they are unique to Ruthven Park, due to the history of the Thompson family who owned the site from the 1840s up until 1993. They could be held indoors or outside within the natural areas or picturesque landscape; alternatively, events could involve an exhibit of snakes or a rag rug workshop. They could be a “one-off” or an annual event, a wedding show or a music performance.
Upcoming Events On Site
- Monday, October 9, 2017 @ 9:00 am: 21st Annual Cars in the Park Vintage Car Show featuring tours of the Thompson Mansion, children’s activities, outdoor walks, and more; $10.00 per car.
- Wednesday, October 11, 2017 @ 7:00 pm: Lower Grand River Land Trust Annual General Meeting, featuring a talk entitled “Canada and Passchendaele, A Century On” by Professor Geoffrey Hayes of the University of Waterloo; no cost.
- Saturday, October 21, 2017 @ sunrise: Annual Ruthven Park Bird Festival featuring bird banding, the Canadian Raptor Conservancy, and three expert speakers at 1:00 pm in conversation about the past, present, and future of ornithology in Canada; cost by donation.
- Sunday, October 22, 2017 @ 11:00 am: 100th Anniversary of Passchendaele Commemoration featuring Robert Land Academy students, Drum Head Service of Remembrance at 1:00 pm, and the Canadian Great War Society; cost by donation
- Thursday, October 26, 2017 @ 7:00 pm: “Eye Deep In Hell: The Passchendaele Experience” Presentation by Military Historian Andy Robertshaw; cost by donation
- Saturday, November 11, 2017 @ TBA: Remembrance Day Event with Studio Babette Puppet Show; regular admission rates apply
- Sunday, December 10, 2017 @ 2:00 pm: Christmas Scottish Tea Service; $14.00 adults, $12.00 seniors, $5.00 children
- Friday, December 15, 2017 @ 7:00 pm: Tia McGraff Christmas Concert; $20.00 per person (includes mansion tour)
- Sunday, December 17, 2017 @ 7:00 pm: Candlelight Mansion Tours; $14.00 adults, $12.00 seniors, $5.00 children
- Thursday, December 21, 2017 @ 7:00 pm: Candlelight Mansion Tours; $14.00 adults, $12.00 seniors, $5.00 children
Updated details about the site’s events are available under the Ruthven Park Blog.
Please note that parking is ample on the property.
Winter Hours – October 10/17 to May 18/18
The Gate House: (office) open Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm
The Mansion: by appointment only
Phone: (905) 772-0560
Toll-free: (877) 705-7275
243 Haldimand Hwy. #54,
Cayuga, ON N0A 1E0